Designed to face the most demanding conditions, Ferrara fire trucks are built with our extra-heavy-duty MAXX-Strength Construction. We engineer strength into our chassis and bodies using specifically molded I-beams, thicker aluminum extrusions and robust Domex® steel frame rails. Continuous, V-channel welds and extruded 2″x 4″ gussets at each 90° joint add another level of toughness. With MAXX-Strength Construction, every Ferrara fire truck is built to be as resilient as those who operate them.
• All extrusions are more robust 3/16″ wall thickness.
• Domex steel frame rails have optional full-length liners and frame rail front bumper construction.
• Welds are continuous with a root pass plus two filler passes, not just a tack weld.
• 45° bevels are sanded to extrusion ends, creating a valley when two extrusions are placed together. This valley allows complete weld penetration and results in a stronger weld.
• Body subframes have full-width cross members with 2″x 4″ extruded gussets top and bottom.
• 7/16″ I-beam extrusions with open centers allow for heat-treating of more surface area, resulting in an extremely strong shape.